This bright and cheery pumpkin tablescape pretend play setup has a host of loose parts that make it super fun to explore.
Follow me on Pinterest for more early learning ideas.
Supplies To Collect
Pumpkins are a huge part of fall décor, so it is easy to find accessories for this inviting, seasonal dramatic play activity. Here’s a list of items gathered:
- white tablecloth
- vase with artificial flowers
- a string of pumpkin lights
- pumpkin-themed disposable plates and serving trays
- non-breakable cutlery and drinking glasses
- acrylic gem pumpkins
- artificial mini pumpkins
- wooden pumpkin beads
- pumpkin cookie cutters
- pumpkin seeds
- reusable pumpkin ice cubes
- pumpkin-themed ice cube tray
- felt pumpkins
- fall-themed mini spatula
- wooden harvest/pumpkin plaque
- plastic jars and serving bowls
- cookie tray
- serving utensils
Setting Up The Pumpkin Tablescape
It’s so quick and easy to set up this play tablescape. I keep a large storage container with pumpkin-themed accessories and take out the tableware and loose parts that work for the center.
To get this activity ready, first cover a child-sized table with a white tablecloth. Then, set an unbreakable vase with pumpkin-themed artificial flowers in the center. Add a string of pumpkin lights around the vase.
Next, arrange place settings with fall-themed disposable plates and cutlery on the table.
Then, drop artificial mini pumpkins into clear drinking glasses and include them in the place settings.
After this, set out the rest of the supplies in the open spaces:
- tray of felt pumpkin “cookies”
- jar of artificial mini pumpkins
- bowl of pumpkin/turkey bead “candies”
- ice cube tray with reusable pumpkin-themed ice cubes
- bowl of pumpkin seeds
- jar of acrylic pumpkin gems
- fall-themed spatula
Finally, add serving spoons to the play tablescape.
Your little learners will be excited to discover this pumpkin tablescape pretend play center, and I’m sure a lot of imaginative, quality play will take place.
Related: Fall Tablescape Pretend Play
You may also like:
Don’t forget to share this post on Pinterest or your favorite social media channel. Sharing is caring!
© Annette Kaminsky October 21, 2022
_______Follow me on social media for more ideas: