Early learners absolutely love dramatic play and eagerly embrace new seasonal accessories in a play kitchen. Here’s a heart-filled Valentine’s Day Pretend Play tablescape your little charges will be excited to explore.
Follow me on Pinterest for more early learning ideas.
The following economical supplies were gathered for this seasonal play tablescape:
- valentine-themed cups and disposable plates
- heart-shaped measuring spoons, serving plate, and silicone mold
- heart-themed ice cube tray, spatula, canister, and a small tin
- cookie pan and valentine’s muffin tin
- purple, red, and magenta craft foam hearts
- red, white, and black stuffed felt hearts
- large red and white pompom balls
- valentine erasers
- red gem hearts
- white pearl beads
- metallic red beads
- vase with red hearts and white flowers
- white tablecloth
The Valentine’s Day Pretend Play Tablescape
Dollar stores are a handy place to find many of the supplies featured in this tablescape.
Foam craft hearts and stuffed felt hearts make great “cookies.”
Loose parts such as valentine erasers, gem hearts, and pearl and metallic beads allow early learners to exercise their imagination.
These Valentine’s Day-themed supplies can be set up as a tablescape or spread around play kitchen appliances and shelves.
More Valentine’s Day Play Tablescape Ideas
In this next Valentine’s Day tablescape, heart-themed plates, bowls. and cookie cutters are included, as well as sunglasses and a purse.
Heart-shaped reusable ice cubes, a Valentine’s-themed tea towel and oven mitt, and cupcake play food would also make great additions to a Valentine’s Day pretend play tablescape.
Valentine’s Day Treasure Blocks
_______[Read more…] about Valentine’s Day Pretend Play